Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 8
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened.
3. Add ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, mustard powder, and chili powder.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Use an immersion blender to blend the sauce until desired consistency is reached.
6. Serve warm over meats, vegetables, or whatever you like.
Nutritional Facts (per serving): Calories: 83 kcal Fat: 2.7 g Saturated Fat: 1.7 g Cholesterol: 7.8 mg Sodium: 158.3 mg Carbohydrates: 15.7 g Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g Sugar: 13.4 g Protein: 0.7 g