Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ cups fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons honey
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, vegetable oil, and sugar.
3. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
5. Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
6. Place the cooked pancakes onto a plate, and repeat with remaining batter.
7. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the fresh berries, water, and cornstarch.
8. Bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring often.
9. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the mixture thickens.
10. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the honey.
11. Place a spoonful of the berry compote onto each pancake, and enjoy.
Nutritional Facts: (per serving) Calories: 220 Fat: 7.4g Carbs: 34.6g Protein: 5g Fiber: 2.3g