Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes Yields: 12 servings
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, white sugar, and brown sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
5. Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Facts (per serving): Calories: 265 Fat: 12.3g Carbohydrates: 35.4g Protein: 4.4g Sodium: 185mg Sugar: 19.3g