Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup crumbled extra firm tofu
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and oil.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
4. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
5. Working in batches, spoon 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and spread into a circle.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the edges begin to turn golden. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
8. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and tofu.
9. Serve the griddle cakes with the mayonnaise and enjoy!
Nutritional Facts: Calories: 246 Fat: 12.7g Carbohydrates: 26.7g Protein: 7.4g Fiber: 2.4g