Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 slices of bread
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until eggplant is tender and lightly browned.
4. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
5. Top two slices of bread with eggplant slices, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil.
6. Top with remaining slices of bread.
7. Place sandwich on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is lightly toasted.
8. Cut in half and serve.
Nutritional Facts: Calories: 327 Fat: 17.5g Carbohydrates: 30.5g Protein: 11.5g Sodium: 615mg