Prep Time: 10 minutes
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-1/2 cup of diced onion
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 cup of cooked green lentils
-1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
-1/4 cup of rolled oats
-1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
-1 teaspoon of dried oregano
-1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-4 whole wheat buns
-1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise
-1/4 cup of sliced tomatoes
-1/4 cup of sliced avocado
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add the lentils, quinoa, oats, walnuts, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper.
5. Mash the mixture together until combined.
6. Form the mixture into four patties.
7. Heat the skillet back over medium heat and cook the patties for 5 minutes per side.
8. Serve on the buns with vegan mayonnaise, tomatoes, and avocado.
Nutritional Facts: Calories: 491 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 487mg Total Carbohydrates: 53g Dietary Fiber: 10g Sugars: 5g Protein: 15g