Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup of diced onion
1/2 cup of diced carrots
1 cup of cooked green lentils
1 cup of frozen corn
1/2 cup of vegetable broth
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup of cooked mashed potatoes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the onion and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the lentils, corn, vegetable broth, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
5. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe baking dish and top with the mashed potatoes.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Serve warm.
Nutritional Facts: Calories: 334 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 293mg Total Carbohydrates: 57g Dietary Fiber: 11g Sugars: 5g Protein: 14g