-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 large onion, diced
-2 carrots, diced
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-2 stalks celery, diced
-1 teaspoon dried oregano
-1 teaspoon dried thyme
-2 cups green lentils
-6 cups vegetable stock
-1 bay leaf
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
-1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
-1 large potato, peeled and diced
-1/2 cup chopped parsley
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, carrots, garlic, and celery and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the oregano and thyme and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add the lentils, vegetable stock, bay leaf, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the potato and simmer for an additional 15 minutes, or until the lentils and potatoes are tender.
7. Remove the bay leaf and stir in the parsley.
8. Serve hot.
Nutritional Facts: Serving Size: 1 bowl (1/6 of the recipe) Calories: 257 Carbohydrates: 42g Protein: 12g Fat: 6g Fiber: 16g Sodium: 590mg