Prep Time: 10 minutes
-1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
-1 red bell pepper, chopped
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
-1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
-1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup of chopped basil
-1/4 cup of marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. On a large baking sheet, combine the eggplant, bell pepper, olive oil, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and basil.
5. Remove the vegetables from the oven and spread the marinara sauce over the top.
6. Spread the cheese mixture over the top.
7. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
8. Serve warm.
Nutritional Facts: Calories: 191 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 476mg Total Carbohydrates: 13g Dietary Fiber: 4g Sugars: 5g Protein: 11g