Prep Time: 10 minutes
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-1/2 cup of diced onion
-1 jalapeno, diced
-1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 teaspoon of cumin
-1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
-1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
-1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
-1 cup of cooked quinoa
-1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
-1/4 cup of diced avocado
-1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
-Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and jalapeno and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the beans, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, and red pepper flakes and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Divide the quinoa among four bowls and top with the bean mixture.
6. Top with tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro.
7. Serve warm.
Nutritional Facts: Calories: 333 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 469mg Total Carbohydrates: 46g Dietary Fiber: 12g Sugars: 2g Protein: 13g