Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 block extra firm tofu
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Drain and press tofu for at least 10 minutes.
3. Cut tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut into strips.
4. In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and black pepper.
5. In a separate shallow bowl, pour the almond milk.
6. In a third shallow bowl, pour the panko bread crumbs.
7. Dip each tofu strip into the flour mixture, then the almond milk, then the panko bread crumbs.
8. Arrange tofu strips onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet coated with olive oil.
9. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the strips halfway through.
Nutritional Facts: Serving size: 2 ounces Calories: 180 Total Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 400 mg Total Carbohydrates: 15 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 0 g Protein: 10 g